Wednesday, December 26, 2007

When do you feel full?


When did you feel full? That is a question that Beth and I have discussed for a while now. In the past, I felt full when I was miserable. You know the feeling...when you can't put another bite in your mouth. That's when I was full. When we had meals that I truly loved, I would gorge myself to the feeling of stuffed, That feeling when one more bite would put you over the edge. And we would always ask each other, "Did you get enough to eat?" Wow how things have changed. Before surgery I would listen to my body to know that I had enough to eat.

Today I progressed to full liquids. Now I know what I am going to say will anger or upset some people, but I need to say it. I made turkey chili for dinner. When it came time for me to have something to eat, I had chili. I of course took the immersion blender (I call it the boat motor), and completely liquefied my chili. I did not take my normal bowl, but a much smaller one. Instead of listening to my body to tell me that I ate too much, I listened for that feeling that I was OK! I honestly felt full, but not from pain. I felt full from a feeling of , "OK, that's enough". After eating each little spoonful, I asked myself where I was at. Am I full, an I satisfied? I think there is a difference in those 2 questions. I walked away from dinner, not finishing my bowl of chili, but feeling satisfied!

Last week there was a time that I was second guessing my decision to have RNY. It was that "buyers remorse", that you hear so much of. This week, I welcome the changes that surgery will bring. the changes for a new life. For all that to happen, I need to stop and listen to what my body is telling me!

When do you feel full?

Have a great day!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Photo Blogs That I Read

Local Photographers

Lightroom Blogs

Peeps!

Here I is on Crack Book!

Photoshop Blogs

Photo Sites

Holy goose eggs Batman! Look at those numbers!

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP